Offshore Trust and Disclosure work
Members of Temple Tax have extensive experience of devising and implementing offshore strategies as well as resolving historical disputes through negotiation with HMRC and the use of disclosure facilities. Members advice professional trustees and trust beneficiaries on all aspects of UK taxation and trust law and are skilled drafters or trust deeds and instruments.
Matters on which members have recently advised include:
- Use of offshore trusts, companies, foundations and other entities for long-term tax savings.
- Advice on whether trust assets should be held directly or indirectly through offshore entities.
- Structuring enjoyment of benefits from offshore trusts.
- Reducing 10 year and exit charges on Settlements including through trustee borrowings.
- Transfer of assets abroad provisions (section 721 ITA).