Anne Fairpo is a senior tax lawyer who has substantial and diverse experience of tax matters gained both within law and accounting practices. Anne was called to the bar in 2009 after 15 years as a solicitor; her experience and expertise covers UK and international corporate tax planning and disputes, acting for a range of clients from small owner-managed businesses to listed multinationals. Anne also has a particular interest in intellectual property taxation and UK-US cross-border tax planning, with regard to both direct and indirect tax matters.
Education, Professional Memberships and Appointments
Called to the Bar: 2009 (formerly a solicitor, qualified 1994)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (Past President, member of the Education committee and International Taxes Technical sub-committee, LITRG volunteer)
- Revenue Bar Association
- VAT Practitioners’ Group
Taxation of Intellectual Property, 4th Ed. Bloomsbury (2017) (and previous editions)
Copinger on Copyright (tax chapter), Sweet & Maxwell (since 2011)
Tax Planning for High-Technology Businesses (co-author), Tolleys (1999)
Articles (1998-present) for a range of publications including; Tax Planning International, TPI:eCommerce, Times of India, Tax Practitioner, Tax Journal (including Budget update articles), Tolley’s Practical Tax and Simon’s Weekly Tax Briefing on UK and international tax matters, including transfer pricing and the Portuguese electronic VAT invoicing legislation.
Tolley’s Tax Planning (chapters on taxation of intellectual property, transfer pricing and others), Tolleys (annually, since 2002)
Bloomsbury Tax Guide (chapters on taxation of intellectual property), Bloomsbury (annually, since 2013)
International Taxation of Intellectual Property, BNA International, 2009 (editor and contributor)
Recent conference papers include:
- Mercia seminars, Taxation of R&D and Intellectual Property
- LNB Webinars, Taxation of Foreign Profits, Capital Allowances Update
- MBL Seminars - UK/US Tax Issues for Business, Taxation of Intellectual Property, Tax Issues for Multinationals, Transfer Pricing update, VAT update, Capital Allowances
- Employment Law Bar Association - Employment litigation: tax issues
- Portuguese - fluent
- French - conversational
Please click here for Anne Fairpo's privacy notice.
View All Members >