The Plastic Packaging Tax: 6 Months on - What you Need to Know
12 October 2022
On 1 April 2022, the UK introduced a plastic packaging tax. The tax applies to plastic packaging containing less than 30% recycled plastic which is manufactured or imported into the UK.
It is now nearly 6 months since the tax was introduced. This seminar will review the key elements of the tax, highlighting where difficulties arise and how best to deal with accounting for the tax.
Issues to be discussed include:
1. What is a 'chargeable plastic packaging component'
2. How to understand separability of components
3. Scope of exemptions from plastic packaging tax
4. When to register for the tax
5. Returns and Accounting for the tax
6. Relationship with other 'environmental' taxes
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-plastic-packaging-tax-6-months-on-what-you-need-to-know-tickets-416626419837